Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Breaking down.

I am not one of those folks who is constantly lamenting growing older.  While I look back fondly on the various stages of my life thus far, I do not have a strong desire to go back in time and do it all again.  These days, I have things pretty good.  I have a great family, a good job, a fair amount of financial security, and a collection of close friends and even more congenial acquaintances.  But with increasing frequency, I find myself longing for the resilience of my younger body.  Case in point: in the past week, (1) I felt my left knee oddly tweak 2 miles into a 5 mile run, forcing me to walk 3 miles back to the house; and (2) I self-diagnosed (with some help from a PA friend) tendonitis of both of my elbows, which I had noticed for sometime but had to relent when I could not do a basic curl without shooting pain. I realize this is all part of the aging process, and I am just going to have to get used to slowing down a bit and changing my routine.  But that does not mean I have to like it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails