Monday, April 08, 2013

Pacing the Cowtown - Part Five.

Six weeks ago, I ran my sixth consecutive Cowtown, and paced the 50km for the fifth straight year.  Race conditions were fantastic, and our group settled into a nice 10:30 per mile pace.  Unfortunately, by mile 24 or so, all but one runner had dropped back, unable to keep up.  And around mile 26, my remaining pacee was toast and could not longer stick with me.  (No worries, though, he finished strong, just a little farther back.)

But every cloud has a silver lining, and coming around the final bend, I spotted Ezra James.  He hopped over the fence and joined me as we romped our way to the finish line.  For the past five and a half years, I've looked forward to the time when we would (metaphorically) break the tape together.  Good times.
Good times.

And, hey, how about the nifty medal series?  Not bad. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails