Thursday, December 08, 2011

Putting it out there.

It's been a fairly mundane year on the endurance front. 

I only managed two ultra-distance events (pacing the Cowtown 50K and a DNF after 30 miles at Cactus Rose) and one century ride (Shiner G.A.S.P.). 

Everything else was, for lack of a better word, blah.  It's like I had a year long case of the Mondays

And now it's December, and my mileage total is the lowest it's been in years. 

So... screw it.  Time to buck up, as a misguided high school friend once said to a fellow student who was dating the friend's ex-girlfriend.  (Good times for those out there who recall that post-graduation party.) 

In any event, here it is.

There are 24 days until the end of the year.
I need to run 180 miles between now and then to log 1,000 miles on foot for 2011.
That's an average of 7.5 miles a day for the next three and a half weeks.

I.I.T.S.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails