Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another year in the books.

So begins the next track in the album of life.  Yesterday, I turned 33 years old.  A smile creeps onto my face when I think back at how much life has gotten better and better over the years.  Eight years ago, I was cramming for the Bar exam and getting ready to move to Houston.  Nell and I were engaged, but Ezra wasn't even a blip on the horizon.  I'd run three marathons, but going a mile over 26.2 seemed not only excessive, but borderline pyschotic.  I never considered the pain and enlightenment of the ultra. 
And now here I sit, sipping coffee at 4:19 a.m. and preparing to cruise 18 miles around Fort Worth at the very early stages of my training for the Mother Road 100.

Clearly, I have lost my mind in my older age.

Vaya con Dios, amigos.

1 comment:

Jenny Schouten Short said...

Happy Birthday from Enno and Jenny over seas! We miss you and wish you luck with El Scorcho. Card i mail but it may go to New Zealand first such is privatized Dutch mail.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails