Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Western States... oops. [UPDATE: Maybe not!]

Congrats to everyone who finished the 2010 run!

Amidst all the Western States hoopla last weekend, I realized I missed the deadline to enter the 2011 lottery.  Heartland gave me a qualifying run.  Bummer.  A finish at Mother Road in November will also qualify me, but I'm batting .500 on finishing 100 mile runs.  Nothing is guaranteed.  Too bad I missed a shot at getting in next year.

UPDATE:  Shout out and thanks to Larry, who pointed out the error in my reading of the rules. (And I'm a lawyer, dammit!)  Apparently, the lottery for 2011 opens October 23, 2010.  And Heartland does qualify me, since I ran the race on October 10, 2009 (the qualifying period is October 1, 2009 through November 6, 2010.) Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Larry said...

Huh??? The application period for 2011 isn't until the Fall 2010. And, you need a qualifying run between October 1, 2009 and November 6, 2010. That train hasn't left the station, so, no "oops"...

Miles said...

Look for a more detailed blog post soon, but watching the race first-hand this year was freaking amazing. We ran parts of the course. All I can say is, there is A LOT of work to do on the quads - some long, brutal downhills on that course!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails