Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The 20 Mile Climb

Saturday morning has turned into long ride day with the boys from spin class.  We set out about 8:30 a.m. for 50 miles past Benbrook and into Aledo.  All was fine and good and well until my seat abruptly slid slightly forward.  We pulled over and started doing some maintenance.  The bolt connecting the seat to the seat post had come loose.  No problem.  Patrick, our fearless leader, had the tools to help.  As I was tightening the bolt, it suddenly gave way, ripped the shreds, and broke in two pieces.  Seriously?  Um... now what?  20 miles from home and no seat.  "No problem," Patrick confidently spoke.  "Just take my seat.  I'll do the last bit of the ride standing."  Again I say... seriously?  And so he did.  Every time I start to think I'm hardcore, somebody else comes along to remind me I'm not.

2 comments:

Francie said...

Wow - What a nice thing to do. I'd have to call in the sag wagon.

Mohammad Yousuf Mulaifi said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful Article

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails