Thursday, April 01, 2010

Running and Rambling.

Speed work continues and it seems to be helping.  I pushed a hilly 5 km training run at 6:57 per mile.  About three and half years ago, I knocked back a 5 km PR at a pace of 6:44 per mile, so I'm not too far off the mark.

Ezra's internal alarm clock continues its random cycle.  This morning, he came in around 5:15 am, just after Nell left for the gym.  Despite my best efforts, it became abundantly clear quite quickly that we would not be going back to sleep.  Ah well.  Sometimes it's best to embrace the inevitable and just get out of bed and play.  Which is what we did.

On a sad note, Energy Fitness permanently shut its doors today after a three year run as one of the best gyms in Fort Worth.  I had a feeling things weren't going so well, but I was still surprised by the suddenness of the closure.  I will miss my lunchtime spin classes.  Over the past couple of years, I made several friends whose main connection was our bi-weekly mid-day cardio blast.  We have been e-mailing and scrambling to find another gym where Patrick (the sadistic but effective instructor) can continue to lead us through 45 minutes of sweat soaked misery.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails