Monday, March 08, 2010

The Stomach Flu from Hell!

Ezra got it Friday night, about 10 minutes after Nell and I had been seated for dinner.  We got the call from Mimi that Ezra had just thrown up all over himself and Enno (Ezra's step-grandfather).  No romantic dinner this time.  We grabbed our food to go and then headed home to tend to the little dude.

Saturday was great.  Ezra seemed fine.  We even took in a TCU basketball game.

Sunday seemed to be going well until 5:30, when the bug attacked Nell.  She was down for the count.

But I was able to keep things moving, got Ezra to bed, lunches made, coffee ready.

Around 8:30 p.m., I settled onto the couch with a glass of red wine and watched an hour of the Academy Awards before heading to bed.

Fast forward to 4:00 a.m., when I awoke with the feeling that an alien was gnawing at the insides of my stomach.  I ran to the bathroom and hurled.  Looking down, I was shocked to see that I had vomitted up a bloody mess.  And then I remembered the glass of red wine.  A brief feeling of relief, which was soon squashed by more violent seizures of the midsection.  These vile tremors continue as I am typing this.

Somehow, Nell got Ezra to daycare.  Now we are both here--she on the couch and me in the bed--clutching our tummies and praying for some sort of recovery before we must pick Ezra up from school.

Bleeeeeeeeeeeh!

3 comments:

Emilie said...

This is terrible! But I must say, despite your pain and suffering, you sure write an entertaining description. So sorry for your family...and get well soon. If I were closer I'd insist on picking up that darling boy and taking him home with us:)"

Susan D. said...

I wondered where you were today...sorry you are sickly, and hope you are all feeling much better soon!!

Jenny Schouten Short said...

You should have called me. I would have kept Ezra. Hope you're feeling better. Enno and I didn't get the bug.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails