Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010 Bandera 50 km

I don't have much of a report from Bandera this year.  It was chilly at the start, but the sun came out and the wind stayed away, which made for great conditions.  I did my 50 km loop at a conservative pace, paying close attention to the terrain to avoid falling and causing further damage to my broken elbow.  Jballs, Toben, and I stayed together for the first 20 miles or so, at which point Jballs pulled away.  Toben and I hooked up with Bill Choppa, a real smoker of a triathlete, and finished in just over seven and a half hours.  We got cleaned up and grabbed some grub, then waited for Jballs to finish his first 100 km, which he did in about sixteen and a half hours.

What's next?  Rocky?  Is that you?  I'm just not sure....

Here are some pics of the trail that Bill took.  Looks fun, huh?

3 comments:

Joe said...

Hello Ryan. It's me, Rocky.

Come...play on my soft, piny trails. I'm waiting.....

Lynnor said...

Well where were you Joe??? You should come to Cactus Rose. Real Tx hospitality starts there!!!Good job Ryan, I rolled my ankle on the first serious uphill but hobbled in for a 50 k..c u at RR. I dialed back to 50 so I could get some volunteer hours going.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Good Job Ryan and yes that trail does look fun in a gnarly kind of way :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails