Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Clea "tagged" me to write about 10 things that make me happy.  In no particular order, here are just a small sampling of the many things in life that make me smile.

1. Ezra's laugh.  I love the pure joy expressed in his two and half year old giggle.

2. Nights out with Nell.  Just Nell.  (Sorry Ezra.)

3. Skipping out early on a Friday afternoon to play golf.

4. The feeling that comes after a long run.  Particularly after a shower.

5. The arrival of college football season.  (Go Longhorns!)

6. Saturday afternoon naps.

7. Concerts. With a dad in the music industry, I grew up going to live venues.  If memory serves me correctly, I've seen just about everyone live. Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Debbie Gibson, M.C. Hammer, Vanilla Ice, the Rolling Stones, Bryan Adams, Tom Petty, U2, Better than Ezra, Jackopierce, Dave Matthews Band, the Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Hole, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, Faith No More, Metallica, Garth Brooks, Pat Green, Robert Earl Keen, Lyle Lovett, New Kids on the Block, Nsync, Pop Poppins, Dada, Tripping Daisy, Tone Loc, The Refreshments, Willie Nelson, The Toadies, Kermit Ruffins, Jimmy Buffet--and tons more I can't even remember. 

8. Being able to play music.  I love my guitar and my piano.

9. Going out for breakfast.  Old South Pancake House, Mac's brunch, Yogi's, Blue Mesa, even IHOP--breakfast out rocks!

10. Encouraging friends to run.  I've finished marathons with Nell, Dave, Kyu Chan, Shana, Jballs, Michael, Toben, and Julia.   

1 comment:

clea said...

I agree on going out for breakfast. I LOVE going out after a long run for a big breakfast. Yum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails