Sunday, December 06, 2009

Motivation Update

My buddy Joe Judd helped put the last post in perspective in a note he sent me:
I think it's common to have a 'low period' after your first 100. I say, just relax. No running (or less running) for a while can be a good thing. Keeps you injury-free and will make you more psyched to get back into, when the time comes. As for challenge, how about something really challenging, like a mountain 100? Leadville is available to all comers and will certainly require a lot of commitment. BTW, I don't go past 15-20 miles very often. For me, it's more about quality than quantity.
I like that advice, so I think I'll go run just a few miles this afternoon.

And...

wait for it...

I'm strongly considering running the Rocky Raccoon 100 in February--if I can find someone to run with at night, which is the one thing I really did not enjoy about Heartland.

3 comments:

Derek said...

If you need a running partner at night let me know. The night will be the hardest part for me, so I need to work on that.

Derek said...

I'm setting a goal of 28 hours which gives me a 2 hour buffer to finish, which is the ultimate goal. I'm not fast so it will be a slow death march.

William Choppa said...

Depending on how Bandera goes, I might do Rocky.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails