Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Broken Elbow!

Change of plans.

On Monday, I tripped on an unsecured manhole cover while running with Jballs east of downtown.  After a brief headlong flight, I crashed down and skidded a few times, ripping the skin off both knees, my palms, and my right forearm. 

But the real problem is my left elbow, which absorbed the brunt of the impact.

I'm going back for a second round of x-rays Friday (once the swelling goes down), but all indications point to a break/fracture in the radial head.  Right now, I'm in a hard, form-fitting splint and am becoming friends with hydrocodone.

So... Bandera is out and Rocky Raccoon is a long shot.  Life happens, folks.

6 comments:

Derek said...

ouch, that hurts. Sorry to hear about that! Rest up and hope you get to feeling better soon.

DavidH said...

Dang dude. I wish you the best in your recovery and hope to see you out at Rocky. Happy Healing!

Jason Holmes said...

Don't let it get ya down, everything happens for a reason, especially in our sport. Good luck, keep running and stay tough. Check me out when you get a chance. Hope to meet ya face to face at Rocky Raccoon.
http://vidoriantriathlon.blogspot.com/

Jenny Schouten Short said...

I'm sorry. Maybe it's time to roast chestnuts on an open fire.

Lynnor said...

oh shit, r u kidding me? {{sorry}} !!!

Suzanne said...

Just heard this from Nell. I'm SO sorry. Yucky at any time, but seems particularly unfair at Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails