Monday, November 23, 2009

Rescued by a clandenstine cure from south of the border (thanks for the Mexican drugs, Smoore-boy), I'm feeling much better.  The attack on my immune system lasted several days and sidelined me for half of the prior work week.   I slept for the better part of 72 hours before somewhat normalizing.  After three days of antibiotics and little movement, my physical well-being appears to have returned to base camp.  And just in time for the national observance of The Great Turkey Day and its celebration of fortuity by way of gluttony.

There are so many things in my life that I am thankful for--and take for granted on a regular basis--that to list them all would be an act of futility.

But that doesn't mean I--and, for that matter, all of us fortunate enough to possess the freedom and ability to sit at a computer and peruse random blogs, facebook entries, and wwtdd.com--should not at least try to acknowledge some of the blessings bestowed upon me.

So here are just a few things for which I am thankful.

  • Nell, my wonderful, understanding, supportive, and patient wife.
  • Ezra, my sweet, rambunctious, and always challenging little boy.
  • Donaldo and Ynda, my wonderful parents and their love of Nell and Ezra.
  • Shana, my successful, soon-to-be-married, amazingly and suddenly adult little sister.
  • My friends, those who "get" my ultrarunning and those who don't, but who all support me endlessly.
  • The ability to run.  Pure joy (and, at times, misery).
  • Being able to play music.
  • Having a job that challenges me intellectually.
  • Having a job that allows me the freedom to indulge my other passions.
  • Longhorn sports--particularly football.  Silly, yes, but the burnt orange ballers bring me much joy
I say it often, but only because it is true: Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails