There are so many things in my life that I am thankful for--and take for granted on a regular basis--that to list them all would be an act of futility.
But that doesn't mean I--and, for that matter, all of us fortunate enough to possess the freedom and ability to sit at a computer and peruse random blogs, facebook entries, and wwtdd.com--should not at least try to acknowledge some of the blessings bestowed upon me.
So here are just a few things for which I am thankful.
- Nell, my wonderful, understanding, supportive, and patient wife.
- Ezra, my sweet, rambunctious, and always challenging little boy.
- Donaldo and Ynda, my wonderful parents and their love of Nell and Ezra.
- Shana, my successful, soon-to-be-married, amazingly and suddenly adult little sister.
- My friends, those who "get" my ultrarunning and those who don't, but who all support me endlessly.
- The ability to run. Pure joy (and, at times, misery).
- Being able to play music.
- Having a job that challenges me intellectually.
- Having a job that allows me the freedom to indulge my other passions.
- Longhorn sports--particularly football. Silly, yes, but the burnt orange ballers bring me much joy