Friday, July 10, 2009

Good luck to John (and everyone else) running the Hardrock Hundred this weekend. You guys are impressive. I will do a paltry 22 mile run tomorrow in your honor, and I will try to keep my bitching about the heat to a minimum in light of the distance, altitude, and terrain you will be traversing this weekend.


For those of you who aren't aware (and I certainly was not until recently), Hardrock is a 100 mile run with 33,000 feet of climb, mostly at 10,000 to 13,000 feet elevation. The highest point is 14,048 feet. Holy crapola.

Here are some pics I found on the web. These are actual shots of folks running Hardrock. Let me say it again: HOLY CRAPOLA.

Vaya con Dios, amigos.

3 comments:

Miles said...

Wait, you mean those photos aren't of the El Scorcho course?

home exchange said...

Wow what an amazing selection of photos!! Hardrock looks like a crazy, hardcore run. I'm impressed! (and a little intimidated :-))

Mark said...

Hey, good luck with El Scorcho this weekend. Wish I could be there - maybe next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails