Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Training was going well. I did a nice 20 mile run last Saturday morning with pAppy and Jballs. We met on the Trinity Trails just below Hoffbrau Steaks at 5:30 a.m. The heat was a killer, and the pace was pretty slow, but we gutted it out. I finished around 8:45 a.m., completely soaked. Note to self: apply more Sport Shield and/or Body Glide.

After the run and the shower and the big breakfast/lunch (brunch?), I was walking down the stairs while holding Ezra, and I misjudged the last step, tripped, and fell. I clutched Ezra tightly so he did not hit the ground, but in doing so completely sacrificed my right knee, as it took the brunt of my weight along with Ezra's additional 30 pounds. The knee has been a bit achy ever since.

Not to be deterred, I'm going for 18 this Saturday. Come big or go home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails