Friday, March 13, 2009

I haven't run since Saturday.

Beginning last July, I've been almost singularly focused on ultrarunning. I spent the heat of the summer getting up hours before sunrise to log miles around Fort Worth preparing for "The Quad," which I came 23 miles short of completing. Three weeks after the 77 mile DNF, I ran the Cowtown Ultra followed the next week by the Waco TNT.

Over 6 races, I covered just shy of 300 miles.

After Waco, I just felt, for lack of a better word, overrun. I needed a break.
So I'm taking a cue from Scott Jurek: I'm simply not running. It feels good to "hibernate."

How long will it last? Another day, another week--there's no way of knowing. When I feel like running again, I will. Until then, I'll take it easy.
In the meantime, I'm hitting it hard with Dave, doing some spinning classes, and, when the weather improves, getting back on the bike.


I'll keep myself entertained.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I know exactly what you mean. I'm feeling the same way - time to take a break and recharge the old batteries.

Harry said...

Once RHR50 is done, I'll be following your example (at least until I need to get ready for that crazy night race in July)...

Enjoy your break!

Francie said...

I'm taking my first spin class tomorrow. I'm excited. Hoping to get back on the bike soon too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails