Wednesday, February 18, 2009

After a solid week off my feet, I hit the pavement on Monday for a short 1 mile jog to/from my gym.

The next day, I laced up for 4 miles with Ezra. Amidst his constant alerts of the passing scenery--"Truck! Car! DaDa!"--my enjoyment soared. (Unfortunately, so did some slight chafing leftover from RR. Note to self: liberally apply Body Glide on all runs from now on, no matter how short.)

Hopped up on goofballs (i.e., my first run-induced endorphins in days), I hit a spin class at lunch.

Still feeling good, I drove by Fort Worth Running Company after work and purchased a very necessary pair of shoes and some socks. 400+ miles on all of my other running shoes meant it was time to upgrade.

This morning, I pulled out my shiny, new Mizunos and again cruised Rivercrest with Ezra for an easy 4 miles.

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

3 comments:

Mark said...

There's nothing like a nice run with your little boy to put the enjoyment back into it. Glad your recovery is going well.

Oh, and I love that movie.

Francie said...

I too feel like a gangsta with my new Asics from Fort Worth Running Company. A birthday gift just two weeks ago.

Derek said...

I don't have any kids soccer games on the 7th, I'll be headed to Waco.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails