Monday, January 12, 2009

Bandera: 100 km/62 miles on the hilliest, rockiest, roughest terrain in Texas with 20 mph gusts and 30 degree temps from 7:30 a.m. Saturday until 12:17 a.m. Sunday. It took me somewhere around 16 hours and 48 minutes and burned approximately 13,000 calories. I'm back at work now, so a detailed report will be forthcoming. In the meantime, here's what Jballs had to say about the course:

I never thought I would finish up a 50k in the dark, in cold weather, with insane wind, with rocks sliding out from under my feet, on steep inclines and declines and yet still feel like a pansy because I was finishing with all of the 100k runners who looked like they had been mugged and beaten after having done the whole damn thing twice.

4 comments:

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Hey! Check out your happy orange countenance! I may never have seen you out there - that course was magical in the way that it was laid out. Crazy course - I look forward to your thoughts/race report.

Harry said...

I'm beginning to think a shot of tequila at mile 57 wouldn't have been such a bad idea. You know, something to wash down the mini-pancakes served up by the drunk, profane aid station volunteer. Man, those last couple of hours were surreal....

S. Baboo said...

Saw your comment on Pirate's blog. I did the Bandera 100K this year too. Also did El Scorcho and got a 50K PR, that race is cool, er, um hot...whatever.

Congrats on your finish!

Mark said...

Congratulations Ryan - great finish. Looking forward to seeing you in Huntsville to finish out the Trilogy.

PS. saw the El Scorcho flyer in the race packet - nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails