Thursday, November 06, 2008

Yesterday, Ezra and I headed out for a 4 mile, pre-work jog through the neighborhood and were immediately joined by an exuberant yellow lab. The dog ran with us the entire way, even following us into our backyard. I called the number on his collar and was connected to a veterinarian's office, where I was given another number for the pooch's owner. The owner was a pleasant-sound lady who explained that she and her husband had recently moved in across the street. She told me she was out-of-town, but her husband was at the house. So, I walked "Miller" (I had since learned the canine's name) to my new neighbors' home where I was greeted by a gruff, "WAIT A MINUTE!" Hmmmm.... The door was yanked open, and a half-awake dude said, "What do you want?" "I've got your dog." "Hmph! I don't how the hell he got out!" The dude then grabbed his dog by the collar and shut the door on me. Nice way to introduce yourself to the neighborhood. But Miller was a pretty cool dog.

2 comments:

Jenno said...

Looks like Miller found the friend he needs in you! Look at those sad eyes.

Frandog said...

That's too funny! I bet he loved hanging out with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails