Monday, November 10, 2008

One thing I'm enjoying about working out with Dave Fannin is his no-nonsense approach. I've seen other trainers who spend a lot of time chit-chatting with their clients, taking long breaks between sets. With The Body Firm workout, once we start training, that is ALL we do. Dave is singularly focused on implementing an efficient, heart-pounding, sweat-drenching workout.

Today, we did more upper body work to give my legs a rest as a I taper into the first leg of The Quad, Saturday's 12-hour Ultracentric. Here's what we did:

Set One (3 times)
Machine incline press
Machine flat bench press
Seated v-position leg extension/crunch
Short jog

Set Two (3 times)
Standing curls-shoulder press
Front shoulder raises
Side shoulder raises
Decline push-ups
One leg extended crunches
Short jog

Set Three (3 times)
Seated lat pull
Seated row
Hanging knee raises
Short ellipitical

By the end, I was feeling it. It is humbling to be able to run 30+ miles, yet be sucking wind at the end of a 30 minute workout. Anybody who thinks they don't need to crosstrain is missing out.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Sounds like your workouts are going great. Cross training made a huge difference for me last year but I've been very lazy on it this year - I need to do better.

Good luck at the ultracentric.

Bert said...

I'm 100% with you on this one.

Cross-training (alternating abs/core workout, weights and flexbands) has made a huge difference in my running. At 56 I am improving on PR's dating back to my 40's. I previously did NOTHING except just run run run. Cross-training has made me run better & faster, look & feel better and my lower back pain is a thing of the past.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails