Friday, November 07, 2008

Just before my first workout with Dave Fannin, I ran 3 miles, thinking I would want to be warmed up and ready to go. Probably unnecessary.

One word to describe The Body Firm workout:

Intense.

No breaks. One exercise to the next. Constant movement. Lots of stabilizing core work. Dave kept things at a brisk pace, never letting my heart rate sag. And lots of sweat.

Assuming my memory is correct, I think this is what we did (with my own names for each exercise since I don't know the correct ones):

Set One (3 times)
Push ups - 20 reps
Standing resistance band row - 20 reps
Standing squats - 20 reps

Set Two (3 times)
Step-up weighted curls - 20 reps
Machine bench press - 15 reps
Crunches - 25 reps
Short jog

Set Three (2 times)
Standing machine, slight bent row - 20 reps
Lat pulls - 15 reps

Set Four (3 times)
One-legged setup lunges - 20 reps (each leg)
Standing mountain climbers - as many with good form in 1 minute
Plank hold - 30 seconds
Short jog

Set Five (3 times)
Weighted squat/shoulder press - 20 reps
Wide-hand push ups - 20 reps

According to Dave, the real results will kick in 6 weeks from now, about the time I hit Huntsville for the second race of "The Quad" and the first of the "Texas Trilogy."

1 comment:

palouseygoosey said...

I'm glad you shared this. Gives me something to think about. It is very exciting what you are up to these days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails