Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Earlier this morning, I met with The Body Firm's owner, Dave Fannin (that's him on the left), for a fitness assessment as we gear up for The Quad.* It's always a bit awkward having someone pinch your fat and measure your arms, chest, stomach, and calves. And it's even more humbling to discover that, despite running many, many miles, I have 20% body fat. Too much pizza and beer, I guess.

Next up, we tweak my crosstraining to maximize my running potential.

* For those of you who happened to stumble upon the blog and have no idea what The Quad is, welcome. The Quad is a series of four ultramarathons that I will be attempting to complete between November 2008 and February 2009. Specifically, The Quad consists of the 12-hour Ultracentric, the Sumart 50 mile run, the Bandera 100 km run, and the Rocky Raccoon 100 mile run. And yes, I may be certifiably insane.

2 comments:

Dr. Marc and Tanya said...

Sorry about those Longhorns, but what an exciting game!! Go Lions!
MJ

Ryan "GandaMan" Valdez said...

Yeah, tough loss. But we didn't drop too far in the polls. Tech has to bust through a lot of folks (OU and Oklahoma State), and a loss to either (or both) may allow the Horns to make it to the Big 12 Championship.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails