Friday, September 19, 2008

Posting is down. I apologize to both of my regular readers. Why have I allowed my online musings to lapse? Apathy. Laziness. I have no excuse. I will try to improve.

Following the New Orleans trip, I got a bit of a stomach flu, which sidelined last weekend’s long run. I made it 18 miles before throwing in the towel, and then promptly spent the rest of the day languishing in bed or on the couch, slurping cold chicken noodle soup, and whining unjustifiably about my tummy ache.

Monday, however, was joyous, but not for any reason remotely related to running. Quite the opposite. By 4:30 p.m., I was sipping a cold beer and enjoying a grilled bratwurst outside Texas Stadium as I prepared myself, mentally and physically, for one of modern man’s most magnificent marvels—Monday Night Football. And yes, my friends, we had seats on the FRONT ROW of the 40 yard line.
Paraphrasing Prince Akeem: “Oh sir, the Cowboys of Dallas took on the Eagles of Philadelphia. And in the end, the Cowboys triumphed by running into the zone of endings and then kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big ‘H.’ It was a most ripping victory.”

1 comment:

Just12Finish said...

Nice seats for a good game!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails