Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day care sucks. Well, that's not exactly true. Day care is actually a pretty happy place. But the germs that fester in that petri dish suck. Since Ezra started attending several weeks ago, our family has been engaged in an ongoing fight against recurring and resilient illnesses. My immune system better kick it up a notch.

Despite a slight cough, I had a great run this morning. Jballs, my long lost running friend who has been sucked into the abyss of natural gas exploration and the exceedingly exorbitant work days it demands, actually met me for a 6 mile run around town. The cool temperature kept the pace brisk, and we ended up running an extra 1/2 mile. Both of us felt great after the run.

I've got 34 miles on the schedule this weekend (two runs--24 and 10), and I guess that's going to be the M.O. for the next 6 months.

"What did you do this weekend?"

"I ran."

"Seriously, what did you do?"

"Seriously: I ran."

"Oh."

3 comments:

Addy said...

kids are cute and happy- germs, not so much :P. Sorry you got hit with them! I was sick constantly last year when I started teaching and interacting with lots of kids on a daily basis.

Weekends where all you do is run are glorious :D

Mark said...

I hear you on the daycare thing. Better just face facts - whatever the little guy gets, everyone in the house is also going to get.

BTW, Your weekends sound like mine :-)

Derek said...

Thats funny, by the time you get to kid number 4, you will be immune to all the kid germs out there. I'm loving the cooler weather!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails