Saturday, August 23, 2008

True statement*: This blog is not political.

In any event, I awoke this morning to learn that Barack Obama has selected Joe Biden as his running mate.

I met Joe Biden several years ago in New Orleans. Biden's daughter was an undergraduate student at Tulane, where I was attending law school at the time. Biden, an attorney, spoke to my Constitutional Law class. I don't remember the subject matter of his speech (although I'm willing to bet it had something to do with the Constitution), but I recall thinking, "Wow, that guy is one slick politician."

So there you go.

And now I'm off to Hot Springs Village for the annual weekend of golfing, drinking, and not running** with the guys. I'm actually a little sad I won't see Nell and Ezra for a few days.

Adios!

* Not necessarily a true statement.
** I might run....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails