Thursday, August 28, 2008

Four random thoughts this Thursday morning....

1. I am getting excited about The Quad."The Quad," you say. "What the hell is The Quad?" Ah, you really don't know me and my penchant for nicknames, do you? Now that I have added the 12 hour Ultracentric to my list of big* runs this season, I am dubbing the four biggies** The Quad. It's important to name your enemy.

2. I am having unsettling deja vu these days when my thoughts stray to New Orleans. I love the Crescent City. Pray that Gustav spares my former hometown. The Big Easy has had enough tragedy in recent memory.

3. Ezra has taken great strides. Literally. The little dude decided to start walking a couple of weeks ago with a few tentative steps. Now, he's zooming around the house, albeit a bit Frankenstein-like. It's hard to believe he'll be one year old this Sunday.

4. This afternoon, my firm is hosting the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association monthly happy hour at our new building. Apparently, the event has even been given a name: "Mojito Madness." I am only two days removed from the annual alcohol-soaked, golfing gluttony in Arkansas with the guys. I am not looking forward to this soiree, regardless of its winning use of alliteration.

* I now define a "big" run as anything beyond 50 km. Because, hey, it makes me feel like a badass.

** The four biggies include the 12 hour Ultracentric, the Sunmart 50 mile, the Bandera 50 km, and the Rocky Raccoon 100 mile.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Congrats on the Ezra walking. Thats great. Noah started walking at about the same time. You described it perfectly: Like Frankenstein. Their arms are stretched in front of them for balance and off they go...

Just12Finish said...

Re #4, I'm guessing you'll find a way to take one for the team anywho ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails