Monday, July 14, 2008

100K on a bike in 3 hours, 45 minutes. Nothing to write home about, but respectable considering that temperatures hit 102, the hottest since 1998.

So here's the thing. I'm more tortoise than hare, and I like endurance events. I'm slow but I can go for a long time.

But there's a problem. It's hot, and I don't want to get up super early to run, and I can't get motivated. As I've said it before, with no races on the horizon, I'm bored. I'll officially start training for Bandera/Rocky after Labor Day, but until then I'm just sort of coasting. Type A? Perhaps. Screw it. I'm pouring myself a big glass of wine.

3 comments:

clea said...

Hi Ryan...good luck with El Scorcho. Hope it goes off without a hitch. Should be plenty toasty for ya....

Kevin said...

Ryan.. awesome race you guys put on last night, err, i mean this morning. Wow. And it was great to meet you, putting a face to a blogger. By the way, where would I find the results of the run. Thanks

Derek said...

Ryan, great race ya'll put on even though it was the hardest thing I've ever done. Looking forward to next year!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails