Saturday, June 21, 2008

I know it's been a week, but wow--Tiger Woods--wow. Stress fracture, ACL tear, 91 holes. Unbelievable. Golf won't be nearly as exciting this year without him.

Last night, Nell and I snagged a babysitter and made our way to Ovation, a restaurant/jazz bar near Ridglea. We will definitely be back. We started with fried green tomatoes, garnished with ham, a fried egg, and red eye gravy. For the main course, we split Ovation's signature dish, chicken and waffles with collard greens and thin-cut sweet potato fries. The fried chicken was hands-down the best I've ever had in my entire life. Too stuffed to move to dessert, we sat back and listened to the upbeat jazz/blues coming from the sextet on the nearby stage. It was a nice Friday.

And now, on Saturday morning, I'm hanging with Ezra while Nell gets in her weekly long run with the FWRunCo folks. She is training for the San Antonio Rock and Roll marathon, her second marathon (her first was the 2006 Marine Corps Marathon). To help her schedule, I've flipped my long run/long ride schedule. Unless I've got an organized ride (like next weekend's Cow Creek Country Classic), I'm riding Saturday afternoons and running Sunday mornings.

Ah, yes, and running Sunday mornings is EARLY. The heat and humidity of Texas in the summer is here in full force, making up for last year's mild temps. So tomorrow, I will be venturing out the door no later than 5 am (and, if I can drag myself out of bed, closer to 4:30 am) for a 3-4 hour run.

Anyway... how are you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails