Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I tried. I really did. I drank decaf for a week. It sucked. It didn't taste the same. I was groggy. I was irritable. I wasn't a happy camper. I admit it. I have an addiction. And admitting you have a problem is the first step, right? Except, I don't want to get better. I want to feed the addiction. I want to grind my beans every morning and let the wonderful aroma waft gently through the air. I want my mornings back. I want the smooth, sexy taste of freshly ground Costa Rican arabica to invigorate and enlighten. And so it will. I'm back, baby. Bring me the real thing. Ah, coffee. How I've missed thee.

5 comments:

Kevin Lyons said...

I'm addicted to coffee. And red wine. And running, and I can't run right now because I'm injured. Funny post, man. Funny post. I also live in Cowtown. And I blog. Take care.

AnthonyP said...

You have now made me want to go out and grab a cup of coffee.

Frandog said...

Why are you trying to deny the bean? I like to think of it as a little calorie-free treat to myself every morning.

afuntanilla said...

I'm so glad!! I was beginning to wonder about you...

Michael said...

2 weeks. It took me 2 weeks to escape the physical effects of my caffeine addiction. 2 of the most miserable weeks of my life, but I'm glad I did it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails