Thursday, January 24, 2008

I have to start getting up earlier. That's the only definite way to get in my full workouts. Ezra is sleeping throughout the night, but he's more work in the morning, especially now that he has started eating "solid" food (mushy, single grain rice cereal). By the end of the day, I'm zonked and have little motivation to do anything other than hang with Nell and Ezra, eat dinner, and relax.

So here's the new plan. Every day, get up at 5:30 a.m. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, get to the gym when it opens at 6:00 a.m. and workout until 7:15 a.m. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, do yoga/stretching at home (while Nell goes to her gym) from 6:00 a.m. until 6:45 a.m. until Ezra wakes up. I'll do my long runs/bikes on Saturdays and Sundays.

Also, I'm meeting with a nutritionist next week. Since I lost a bunch of weight and became (relatively) healthy ten years ago, I haven't been very restrictive on my diet, and I've actually been less attentive as I've increased my endurance endeavors. But as my goals become more intensive (e.g., a 100-mile run), it makes sense to focus on all aspects of health, not just training. For the past couple of weeks, I've been (trying) to keep a food journal, and I've discovered that I eat a lot more than I thought, and I tend to snack on junk food later in the day. We'll see what the nutritionist recommends.

2 comments:

Just12Finish said...

Good luck with the nutritionist. I checked out her bio - pretty impressive athletic accomplisments!

Adam said...

I'm feeling you. I have two small children and the only way to get runs in (for me) is in the morning. I have to be to work at 7:45 - so that means 4:30-5:00 wake times for me depending on how many miles I need to do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails