That's how much body fat I've lost in 6 weeks with Dave. Five pounds. 3/4 of an inch off my waist, 1 inch off my chest, and little off my arms. (Legs stayed constant.)
All I can say is...
The ass-kicking workouts, the sweat-drenched slogs home, the aching muscles--WORTH EVERY MINUTE.
Over the past several years, I've felt like I was in pretty good shape, but (other than long distance running), I'd plateaued. I suppose it is good that my weight has remained more or less constant for the past 6 years, but, despite lots of running and consistent (but purposeless) weight training, I hadn't seen any gains in my physique.
6 weeks with The Body Firm and I've lost five pounds of body fat. Measured. Quantified. Verifiable. FIVE POUNDS. Holy sh*t.
And the measurements came at the end of the worst week of the year for eating. A sampling of my menu over the past several days:
- Tuesday lunch: Chicken fried steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, butter-drenched "veggies"
- Tuesday dinner: Cocktails, fried calamari, garlic butter bread, veal, pasta
- Wednesday breakfast: Sausage and cheese bread, breakfast casserole
- Wednesday dinner: Beers, jalapeno and cheese tamales
- Thursday breakfast: New Orleans breakfast casserole (spicy sausage, Canadian bacon, smoked sausage, eggs, cheese, french bread crumbs, and other goodies), blueberry pankcakes, bacon
- Thursday dinner: Homemade macaroni and cheese, olive-oil infused finger potatoes, brown-and-serve rolls, and beef tenderloin (2 servings... of couse)
So despite blowing the doors off any semblance of healthy eating, I still passed the body-fat-caliper-and-scale test.
What does it mean?
A good trainer is worth his weight in gold.
Or at least body fat lost.