Friday, November 16, 2007

Yesterday afternoon, after spending three days in front of jury in Brownwood, Texas, we obtained a unanimous verdict for our client. We were up against the former district attorney of Brown County--a 25-year trial veteran with excellent courtroom skills. And this was my first shot as lead counsel in a fairly large dispute for a significant firm client. Needless to say, life is good.

So what now?

Well, it's Friday morning, and I'll be visiting the office to catch up on e-mail and telephone messages--and to take a victory lap. I've also got to prepare for a substantial hearing Monday morning.

And then it's time to clear my head and get ready for the Ultracentric, a 12-hour run beginning at 9 a.m. tomorrow. Yes, 12 hours of running fun.
Admittedly, I'm now wishing I'd trained a little harder. Things were going great until I started having some Achilles pain near the end of September. I took off a couple of weeks and my last decently long run (more than 26 miles) was 6 weeks ago. We'll see how it goes. If you find yourself in Grapevine, Texas tomorrow, feel free to drop by Meadowmeare Park and say hello.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails