Monday, November 05, 2007


Ezra James, my son and mascot, keeps me inspired as I train for the Ultracentric, a 12 hour-race taking place in Grapevine, Texas in a couple of weeks.

I'm running often, but keeping distances down. Since the two-week break to let the achilles rest, I've been trying to get my legs used to hitting the pavement -- especially since Ultracentric is run on a road course. So far, so good.

There's been a lot of online furor over two recent articles (check them out here and here) claiming that "America's competitive spirit has been wrecked by feel-good amateurs like Oprah whose only goal is to stagger across the finish line." Being a slower marathoner (usually running road marathons on the wrong side of 4 hours), I suppose I'm one of those slow-pokes the authors complain about. But, be that as it may, I found the articles pretty humorous. So to all those runners out there who are upset, just relax a bit. Go for a run.

1 comment:

Just12Finish said...

Wow. Thanks for the links to those articles. I think they do have a point, but I also think they are too intense. Overall, I think there's more upside to letting everyone in, and he should just chill out a bit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails