Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy day after Thanksgiving!

So 5 days post-50 miles, and my legs feel completely fine. I ran 3 miles yesterday and 3 miles the day before that. No issues. No pain. I've run marathons and been hobbling around for a weeks. Less than 7 days removed from the Ultracentric, and I've got zero lingering soreness. Amazing.

Thinking about the Ultracentric, I thought I'd post what I ate the day I covered 53 total miles on foot. Enjoy.

Pre-race
1 cup of coffee
1 Clif Bar
1 Sausage and egg McMuffin
1 McDonald's hashbrown
1 Orange juice

During the race
Lots of water
Lots of Heed sports drink
Flat Coca-cola
10 Succeed! elecrolyte tabs
Multiple peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
1 Venti Cafe Mocha with whipped cream from Starbucks
1 hamburger with mustard
3 cup-sized servings of macaroni and cheese
1 cup-sized serving of red beans and rice
1 tortilla filled with black beans and rice
1 Snickers marathon bar
4 meatballs

Post-race
1 value-size Chic-Fil-A combo meal (chicken sandwich, large waffle fries, large Sprite)

1 comment:

Just12Finish said...

WOW! Congrats on the ultra. I've been offline for awhile and just catching up. Great job on the 50.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails