Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So here's one I hadn't planned on. An 8:30 p.m. bedtime. Yep. Last night, I had Inn of Court and arrived home a little after eight o'clock. I immediately took a shower and got in bed.

Why so early? Planning, my friends. Good, sound planning.

Two and a half hours later, Ezra's sweet, shrill cry alerted me to his need for food and companionship. But all was good because as unlike previous nighttime encounters, I was rested and ready to tend to his needs.

Much as they do in the military, I have adopted the sleep when you can philosophy. Now knowing that for at least the next couple months (hopefully not much longer) Ezra won't be snoozing for more than a few hours at a time (and usually only an hour and a half), we've decided to go with his biological clock. So it's all about sleeping 2 hours here, an hour and a half there. If you add them all up, we're getting 4-6 hours or so a night, which is less than norm, but definitely doable.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails