Sunday, August 12, 2007

Yesterday's 20 miles in 100 degree heat was difficult. Pace was slow. Walk breaks were plentiful. It took 3 hours, 26 minutes--just under 11 minutes per mile (including a few stops to purchase extra Gatorade along the way).

After the run, I took an ice bath, showered, and headed to the golf course for 18 steamy holes. I collapsed soon after dinner, in bed by 9 p.m.

This morning, I got up at 5:45 a.m. for a 10 miler. Part of my new double-run training weekends to get me ready for the Ultracentric. Stiff legs, even slower pace. Jballs and I ran through downtown and at about the half-way point, we ducked into Starbucks for a caffeine jolt. I grabbed a tall cup of coffee, and we began to walk for a bit while I sipped the strong, aromatic joe. About a mile later, I finished my liquid crack, and we resumed plodding down 7th Street. Wow. What a difference caffeine makes. I still wasn't zooming, but my energy level had definetly jumped up a notch. I my legs felt much better.

1 comment:

afuntanilla said...

i cannot believe you ran 20 miles in that heat. you are freakin' superman!! wow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails