Saturday, June 02, 2007

Early yesterday evening, I was at the FAC doing some nice, air conditioned cardio on the elliptical trainer when I was greeted with this question:

"Are you the endurance runner attorney guy?"

Wow, that's a first. I've never had someone "recognize" me before.

Turns out, the inquirer was Dave Fannin, a personal trainer and owner of The Body Firm. We shot the breeze for a good 20 minutes or so. Dave said he was planning to run El Scorcho, but was having trouble deciding between the 25K and the 50K. Naturally, I encouraged him to go for the 50K. After all, it's a loop course. If you get in trouble, you can always bail. But Dave didn't seem like the type who'd want a DNF on his record. I think he could do it, no problem. He told me he'd already run 16 miles, so the 25K is in the bag.

We'll see what he decides to do....

2 comments:

Addy said...

how exciting to be recognized :)

You'll have to let us know what he decides!

Jason The Running Man said...

cool pics of the wife! She has a really cool website! Awesome stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails