Monday, March 05, 2007

Here's a race report from last year's Waco 5-0 (which I will be running this Saturday):
It was a tough course.... The 9-hour cutoff was a little demanding and there were a few that did not make it. An 8-hour cutoff would have been too severe. There were rocks, roots and hills galore. I'd have to say... the course was pretty technical. There were many, many places that there was no way you could negotiate them except by walking. Many hills were steep, and some were prolonged.

I may have underestimated this run.

Oh, and I'm just now getting well from a nasty sinus infection that's had me on the sidelines since the Mardi Gras Marathon.

What the heck did I get myself into???

1 comment:

Faithful Soles said...

I'll be coming back to check out the Waco 5-0. I have my first 50 miler planned later this year at Sunmart, so any guidance I can get from others is much appreciated.

By the way, I wanted to thank you again for linking to our Blog Database on the main Faithful Soles web site. We now have bloggers from 37 states in the USA and 20 other countries.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails