Saturday, July 08, 2006

Peach Pedal "100K" results:

3 hours, 4 minutes, 22 seconds at a pace of 18.4 mph.

If you're wondering why the distance is in quotes, it's because the "100K" was actually about 56 miles.

As I was rounding a turn towards town, I came across a kid who was struggling. I glanced at my bicycle computer and told him to keep it up because we only had 7 miles to go. He grunted in despair. Little did I know, the finish line was just around the corner.

As I pulled up to the car, I wondered aloud if I had made a wrong turn. "No," the guy in the next car over said. "I clocked the distance at 56.3 miles."

A few conversations with other riders confirmed that the "100K" was about a 10K short.

Ah well.

Overall, it was a nice ride. The aid stations were plentiful and well-stocked with goodies, including lots of Parker County peaches.

My one complaint -- the hill around mile 46 running adjacent to the city landfill. What the heck was that all about?

1 comment:

Frandog said...

I don't think the landfill was on my route. But there were lots of stinky riders.

I was confused at the end too when there was no finish line. Kind of a let down.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails